Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So umm. . . yeah

Sooo yeah. I totally busted out the new mixer (Sir Mix A Lot) to make the pumpkin cheesecake that I have been totally wanting to make & have been craving for days. So yeah umm... when your recipe says that the damn cheesecake needs to set up in the freaking fridge over night it totally isn't lying. DAMN THAT RECIPE!! Doesn't it know that not only have I been wanting this yummy cheesecake that I have planned on making for like 3 weeks now, but I am a big girl & don't like to wait overnight/24 hours for a piece. That is why I love fresh homemade cookies & always burn my tongue going after that fresh warm yummy cookie STAT. 


So when I thought that the cheesecake looked like it had set up enough (which it HAD NOT!!) I released it from the spring form pan. Can I again reiterate that it was a very bad BAD idea to do so! So after I did so it  smelled AMAZING & looked beautiful for a total of like maybe 15 seconds. After the great 15 seconds all my cheesecake dreams crashed and burned. My father came running into the kitchen as I yelled "NOOOOO" at the top of my lungs. It broke my heart. Maybe 1/2 of the cheesecake still kinda looks normal-ish while the other 1/2 kinda sank all around into mush. Mind you it still tasted DELISH, but was madd ugly! No amount of the cinnamon whipped cream I made could hide just how ugly it was. It hurt my heart a bit, but still I feel a tremendous amount of love for my very first foray into the world of cheesecakes. 


Maybe this is how a mother of an ugly child feels. Sad about the ugly, but nothing can shake the love you have for it. So with all that craziness, I still might take & upload a pic of just how much of a hot mess this turned out to be. But please don't be mad if I just chalk it up as my first strike out, and try again soon to erase all the bad memories. Maybe next time I will make the red velvet cheesecake from a recipe I just recently got. Lets wait & see.

No comments:

Post a Comment