Thursday, October 7, 2010

♥ Let me formally introduce my mixer ♥

Okay so about a week and a half ago I purchased something from work that will become the newest family member introduced to our home. He has been in the box for all this time waiting paitently to be opened, cleaned & placed in a special spot in the kitchen. I have left him  in the box because right after I brought him home I came down with a cold/flu thing and didn't want to taint him in any way.


This has always been a dream of mine since I was a young girl. I come from a blended family & have a big cooking background. My mother was Italian & my father is Black and born in the south. Both families come together in the kitchen & bond over food and great conversation. I always baked with my mother growing up (In fact it helped me when I was very young with my math skills). We made cookies and cakes galore. All with the use of a whisk and a puny little hand mixer. Both my mother & I had always dreamed of the day when we could afford to buy a KitchenAid stand mixer to make our baking life easier. Although I lost my mother almost 8 years ago, I know that she would be super duper proud of how  my kitchen & skills are growing. I feel as if she & my other Kitchen Ladies are blessing each meal and baked good that I make.  ♥ ♥ ♥
*Kitchen Ladies (pictures I keep in my kitchen of the female members of my family who are no longer with us in their kitchens)*


The big purchase I made if you hadn't already guessed, is the White KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer. I know that this will become a big part of every holiday to come. Because it/he seemed like such a big deal I decided to name him. 


I would like to formally introduce you to my new mixer & family member. . . Sir Mix A Lot!
I love love love his name & know that he will fit right in around here. After all, I get down in the kitchen in all sorts of ways, lol. More pictures of him in his soon to be natural habitat with him at work will be added later.

okay so I lost his photo... my bad yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment