Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm alone & bored this weekend . . . (not really)

Okay so almost everyone in my life has packed up there stuff & left me all alone this weekend. That is not a problem really, I just think I got used to having people around all the time is all. I hope that my various friends who have gone to various locations for (you guessed it) their various reasons, have fun! I also hope that my father & sister have a great time up in the D.C. area on what is supposed to be a beautiful weekend. Dad has already called me from Georgetown to tell me how pretty it is up there & that he found the coolest spice shop next to where I used to work when I was in high school. He does kinda like to rub things in, but not in a mean way. He never ever adds "nanny nanny boo boo" to the end of any conversation when telling me how great & cool things are wherever he happens to be. Which I greatly appreciate. 


So when things get boring here & I am all alone with my kitties (yes I guess I am kinda a cat lady) I tend to try to keep myself busy with mindless crap. I take this time to read whatever book I am into, which isn't mindless. But then I end up playing in my makeup, doing laundry, cleaning the house (yeah right), and just playing around. I do take the time to shower with the door open, because my cats always wait outside the door worried that the water has finally won the war and gotten me for good. This way they can sit in the bathroom ready for any attacks or attempts to save me from the horrible water that I keep being trapped in. I appreciate their love, but it does get ridiculous when I take a bath. My kitty Grovesnor (my sister named him after the metro stop outside of D.C. near where we used to live) likes to sit right next to the tub & every once in a while kinda hop up half way & look at me like I'm nuts just sitting in it. He looks like he wants to warn me & yell "It's all around you, can't you see this! Get the hell out of that crazy shit!!", but then he just gives me little kitty kisses when I get out thankful that I survived. But I digress. I do use this opportunity to take this time to enjoy being alone, showering with the door open, and maybe even not getting dressed until it is absolutely necessary. After all the less clothes I use this weekend the less water I waste while doing laundry, which is better for the earth. So when you think about it, I am doing my part for our environment & being as green as possible. Maybe I should be alone more often (or . . . maybe not).


Anyhow, I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I am bored out of my mind and that my peeps have all abandoned me (this kinda rubs it in if they read this while they are away having fun without me). And now I shall drop a couple of pics that I took in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, but after a lovely night out with friends. Enjoy! In fact I hope you all enjoy your weekends to the fullest while your at it!!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment