Sunday, November 28, 2010

I SURVIVED BLACK FRIDAY!!!

I have officially survived Black Friday & the first winter holiday weekend of the year (woo hoo!!). I know it may seem like something small, but this is the first time in a while that I have worked retail. Mind you I now work for the very best company & don't have to worry about waking up and being at work at the but crack of dawn until the wee hours of the night (Can I get a hallelujah to that? Amen!). My company believes in both it's customers and it's workers. It knows that we (many of us) have families and it tries hard to make sure that we get time with them, especially during the holidays. I do thank God that I work for such a caring company! Years ago I worked for a few different retailers who had crazy CRAZY holiday hours. I remember being open for business from 5am-12pm. Which may seem great for the shoppers, but I worked for Easy Spirit at the time. Most of my customers were... lets just call them older. They were all in bed by 9pm tops & never not once did they come in for a comfort shoe at 5 in the morning. Those days are far behind me now & I am very thankful for that. 


This weekend went by in a bit of a blur. We were super busy on Friday, and quite steady on Saturday. I had many many great customers who were in the holiday state of mind and super duper nice to boot. I love helping people who appreciate the work that we do for them. Yes it is our job, but it is a pleasure when you know how much you are appreciated. We also had a couple of great sales that continue through to Cyber Monday that helped drive our sales. Gotta love a good sale!


Anyhow, I think I am not as scared of the holiday season as I was before. I had a bit of fear going into it due to the fact that I still feel new to the company and have not been here (as an employee) during the busy holiday time. But surprisingly, I have found the higher traffic refreshing. I love interacting with people & helping them find what they need to make there holiday or any occasion just right. I just love being the person with the answers! I also think my father appreciates the higher traffic at my job too. He has always said that I have the "gift of gab" that he somehow is not very excited about being on the receiving end of. Now when I have a lot of customers during the day, I am usually all talked out by the time I come home. He seems to be over the moon about that to say the least, lol. So there seems to be nothing but up sides to this holiday retail rush. It is great for the economy, great for my store, great for our customers, and more importantly great for my father's sanity. Now all I need to do is maybe get a new pair of comfort shoes for myself since I am working many more hours than usual (I know, I know... I am not "older" yet, but I do work on my feet). Please believe that I still will not be in at the store at 5am nor midnight to purchase them.


I wish everyone else in the service industry the best this holiday season. I hope you all get the chance to relax on your time off, and get the appreciation you deserve!


Below are some super sales & savings I have come across that you may or may not want to check out:


Crate&Barrel- is continuing their "Wine & Dine" sale up to 25% off (through Nov. 29th), they are also having an up to 50% off cutlery sale (sale ends Nov. 29th), with free shipping on select items totaling over $100 online & in the catalog. Can't beat that with a stick!! (p.s the knife sale is UNREAL and you should take advantage while you can!!)


BHCosmetics- is having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend bundle steal. You can save up to 35%. All my beauty chicks out there check it out. AMAZING DEALS on makeup!!


handbag heaven- is having a 15% of sitewide holiday sale on all their super cute handbags. They also have gift cards available. Great gift idea for all your besties!! 


Charlotte Russe- is having 25-50% off everything sale until midnight tonight (Sunday Nov. 28th). And if you spend $50 or more online you get free shipping. This sale is great for all you skinny girls & anyone who love love loves accessories!


Lane Bryant- is having a buy one get one free mix & match sale online & in the stores with $1.99 shipping on all online orders $75 or more. Great for all my big girls out there!! Fabulous clothes & accessories (shoes now too!!) that are great for work & play.


Sweeter Days Bakeshop- Okay so I don't know if they are having any sales, but they are the best stop for any & all of your holiday sweet treats!! They are the BEST BEST BEST bakeshop in the Fort Lauderdale/South Florida area (you must believe a big girl when she says something tastes good, it's the law!). Please stop by or check out their website for mouth watering deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment