Saturday, November 13, 2010

I am celebrating life this weekend!

Thanks to my friends I have lots to that will keep me distracted from any sad feelings that may come up this weekend. As I wrote in an earlier blog, this weekend (tomorrow 11/14) is the anniversary of my mother's death. It has been a little harder for me this year than most. I think it maybe because not only do I miss her like usual, but a lot of old feelings have been raised due to other recent circumstances. I have had a few friends & coworkers lose their mothers this year (very recently in fact). Watching their loss and raw emotion brings me right back to the same spot 9 years ago when I was in their shoes. I would never wish a loss like this upon anyone & know that it does get better with time. I just have a hard time seeing people around me hurt. I have always had a hard time separating my emotions with those around me. I internalize everything & put myself in other's shoes, even if it harms me in the process. These are issues that I am working on in general. I just wish I had them mastered before all these hard feelings came creeping back up is all. I wish all my friends out there who have lost a mother or someone close to them the best of luck dealing with their grief. I know it is hard, but it does get a little better with time. I am keeping your families in my prayers (I hope you know who you are). I am always here for those who need to talk out problems or feelings. And to be real, I am much better at listening to others than I am dealing with my own issues, lol


Anyhow, like I said before I have some great friends who have noticed that I have been down in the dumps as of late and are helping me through it. I am running a couple of errands today & going to a friend of a friends birthday party later on tonight. Then tomorrow I am going out to the Jamaican Jerk Festival with anyone & everyone (besties, friends, & dad included). I plan on being a very busy girl and quite distracted throughout the weekend. Then I must focus on getting ready to go to work on Monday & meet the owner of our company (who I will wow with my winning personality, lol). So . . . there is lots to do that has absolutely nothing to do with wallowing in my grief. 


I think I will chalk this weekend up as a celebration of life instead of a weekend full of distractions. I will celebrate the times I shared with my mother, the time that I am able to share with my friends and family now, and the life that I will continue to lead with the great advice and guidance my mother & father have given me over the years. Celebrate what time you have with the ones you love, and be thankful of what you have when you have it!

I thank God for what he has given me!

Thanks to all my family and friends who continue to be there and support me through all the ups & downs of life. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. it was a great weekend...I know your mother is looking down on you thanking God for such a great friend like me lol...oh and prolly laughing her butt off at our park grass adventure

    ReplyDelete