Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas...


So today I busted out 'Sir Mix a Lot' (my kitchenaid stand mixer) and started baking for the sweet exchange at work. I usually get together with my besties around this time of year for our annual "all girls cookie baking weekend". This year working retail has put an end to that. I am not getting any full weekends off work to just focus on baking. So I decided to bake in the middle of the week on one of the few off days that I am actually feeling up getting things accomplished. I have previously promised pictures of my mixer in action & here they are (finally). Mind you some of the cookies look a little... well maybe I should call them "over browned", lol. There is always a test batch to get acclimated to the oven & time needed & what not. I am still not used to electric ovens all together & think they are not to be trusted! Anyhow... I hope you enjoy the mess that is my baking life. I will also post the recipe for the delicious quick & easy peanut butter cookies that I am baking below.




Peanut Butter Cookies

- 1 Package Super Moist Yellow or Butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1/3-cup water
- 1-cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- Sugar (to roll cookies into before putting onto an)
- (Hershey Kisses or preserves of your liking)

1.) Heat oven to 375*F. Beat half of the cake mix, the water, peanut butter and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining cake mix.

2.) Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in sugar. (Or roll balls of the dough into sugar & place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Put Hershey kisses in the center of each cookie, or make a dent with your thumb to put preserves into center of cookie 2 minutes before cookies are finished baking)

3.) Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown (or 8 min for cookies with preserves & then the remaining 2-4 minutes until done). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. 

(*I like to use blackberry or apricot preserves with this recipe & always get great reviews)

1 comment:

  1. missing the baking with you and Jess! We had so much fun last year and some wine to top it off!

    ReplyDelete