Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy new year... now what?

First off I would like to wish you all a very happy new year!! I am hoping that 2011 will bring you all much success, love and happy memories to look back on by this time next year. I rang in the new year much differently this year than last. Last year was spent with a large group of friends at our favorite bar. We sang, we danced (some even dropped it like it was hot), & we drank drank drank. Although I had a blast with some of my besties for life, the night ended in random drama & some friendships didn't make it into the new year. That was one night to remember & thanks to pictures on facebook we will never forget it (no matter how many lemon drops or rum & cokes we had). 

Again although all that was great I had a blast this year. I got out of work at around 5:30ish & met my bestie JBooty (Jessica) for dinner at J Alexanders. We had a yummy dinner & took desert back home to dad. We watched a movie on demand & then watched the ball drop. We laughed, checked facebook updates, and went over how much we have accomplished over the last year. So many things have changed for the both of us in very positive ways. First of all, we both got jobs this year. This time last year we were on the job hunt big time!! Now we are both employed and happy to have a place to go to and prove to ourselves and the world that we are capable, helpful, and knowledgeable about what we do. I know that seems a bit odd, but it is important to feel and know your services or abilities are needed and appreciated. Not only that but Jess just got a raise at work (big ups to her, wooo hooo)! Our other bestie Greeneyes (Sereane) moved back up to NYC & that has actually brought us closer together as friends I think. We not only took one hell of a road trip to move her ass back up there, but got caught in a blizzard once there, lol. The distance has forced us to keep in contact and actually make time for each other. Mind you with differing schedules it may be a facebook message here and there, but we know that we are always there for one another. I have also FINALLY taken a much needed trip to visit my family in Tortola (like 20 years coming), to see my cousin graduate. That trip has helped me with a previous goal of leaving the country once a year (only 2 years in so far & going strong). Personally I have lost a lot of weight, thanks to my new job (and heavy lifting), which is always a great and very welcome thing in my life. And above all, I have cut out the drama! I have great friends and family, and have chosen to nurture those relationships that are not toxic and draining to me. It is amazing how much cutting ties with dramatic situations and people can bring a since of calm and stability to your life.  2010 was a great year full of growth, success, and many many happy memories.

I believe that 2011 will be even greater than I can imagine. It is my time to shine, so put on your shades cuz I will shine brighter than the sun!! Okay well not only am I going into this year on a positive note, but I have some new goals that I look forward to accomplishing. I am going to try harder to keep in contact with the people I love who are far away. I am going to continue to work on myself. I am going to work on my relationship with God. And I am going to try to take on more responsibility in every aspect of my life. I am in charge how my life turns out. God has given me many talents and has taught me many lessons that I will use to make the right decisions for myself. It is my life and I am the only one who has the ability to make it the best life possible. I am also going to take a page out of one of my bestie QueenthatIAm (Ashley)'s book, and dedicate much needed time into getting to know and fall in love with myself this year. Although we all know how awesome I am (no big shocker), sometimes I need to remember that on those hard days and dive a little deeper into myself. If I can't be in love with me, I can't ever expect someone else to be able to fall in love with me (or they could already be in love with me, but are just to scared to tell me, lol). These may seem like little things to you when read in my little blog, but they are pretty big things in the long run and I look forward to accomplishing them one day at a time. 

I hope you each have a chance to look back and realize where you have come, and have the opportunity to sit down and maybe think of possible destinations of where you might want to go in your life this new year. I wish you all the luck and many blessings on your new journey into 2011. Enjoy & stay safe!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment