Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Working on bettering myself & my surroundings

As you are all aware 2011 is a brand new year (shocker). Every new year brings me thoughts of the previous year & what exactly brought me to my present self and situation. I have grown a lot over the past year and plan to continue growing throughout this one. Growth is one of my main goals in life. Without growth you become stagnant/stuck in life and continue to repeat problems without being able to learn how to grow and get through them. 


With that being said, I am going to continue to work on myself and my surroundings so that I can foster growth. There are many new lessons that have yet to be learned just waiting for me. Personally, I am in a very happy place in life right now. Well to be honest at this exact moment I am in a yucky place due to the fact that I have a freaking cold that seems to be kicking my ass. But other than that, when you look at the "bigger picture" I am in a very happy & positive place in life. I am becoming happier with myself every day. I know that sounds a little strange, but I have had a love hate relationship with myself for years. But I have been working hard at not being too mean to me over the past couple of months. I have also been trying my best to treat myself as well as I treat others. I am a people pleaser at heart and tend to bend over backward to make sure that all those I care for are as happy as possible. I finally decided that I was worth the same effort on my part. I have started to learn how to say no, and to walk away from things, people, and situations that are toxic for me in the long run. Doing those things have made me a stronger, more confident, healthier, positive, and over all happier person. By focusing on myself and my goals I have made myself a person worth sharing with those I love. Without getting to really know and love myself I wouldn't have been able to grow in any of my relationships. All these great things and realizations make me want even more for myself and those I love. So in the weeks to come I will continue to work hard on me. I will work hard at making my personal sanctuary a place that fosters growth, peace, love, and positive energy (and not just a place covered in laundry that needs to be folded and ut away). I am also planning on making sure to focus on the people in my life. In all the hub-bub with holiday hours at my job and me getting this kick ass promotion, I have also kinda fallen off the face of the earth, lol. No, not really. But soon I plan on finally getting into a routine at work and hopefully carving out time for my girls (and hopefully finding my ass a man!!). Not only my friends down here, but hopefully with my besties up north as well. Oh and family too, lol!


Anyhoo. . . as you can see my NyQuill has had me in a very "thinky" mood. I am okay with that, because it has me feeling positive about the future. I hope that this new year has brought all of you to a place that fosters positivity and growth in your own lives as well. Everyone has a story, a past, and problems; but it takes a strong and willing person to grow to get the solutions that bring you into the present, so that you can make your own happy endings. I have all the faith in myself and in you that this year will bring us that much closer to the happy ending that we make for ourselves. I hope you all have a happy, healthy, positive, and blessed week!


 If any of you have any advice or tips that help you stay positive and keep you on track with obtaining your personal or professional goals, please post a comment below or shoot me an email (lanason83@gmail.com). I can use any and all help in being the best me possible!



No comments:

Post a Comment